There are countless designer rugs in the market, and they all vary in size, price range, fabric, and function. As a result, choosing a rug for your living room or dining room can be overwhelming. The right rug will effortlessly tie your room together. How do you choose the right rug? Whether you want entrance rugs or area rugs, keep reading to learn about choosing the right rug.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Rug
There are multiple things you need to consider before buying a rug. For instance, do you want high traffic area rugs? Would you like a low pile or high pile rug? And what rug shape and size are you looking for? Below are factors you should consider before buying a rug:
- Rug sizes and shape: Depending on what room the rug is for, you must get the right rug size. You want a carpet that is a perfect fit. For instance, if you buy a dining room rug, you want one where both the chair's front legs and back legs stay on the rug when you push the chair back.
- Style and materials: Different rug materials are available, from wool rugs to jute rugs. Your lifestyle determines what rug material will suit you best. You don't require an interior designer to figure out what rug style works for you best.
- Pile: A rug's pile is its thickness or density. Low pile rugs are best for high traffic areas, while high pile rugs are ideal for your living room or bedroom.
- Rug pad: Ensure you get a rug pad to ensure your rug lasts for an extended period. Rug pads can cushion heavy furniture preventing dents or damage to your floors.
Different Kinds Of Fabrics Used In Rugs
When shopping for a rug, it is essential to select the correct type of rug. The perfect rug can bring all the elements of a room together. There are multiple types of fabrics used in rugs, including:
Different Types Of Rugs
A variety of rugs are available in the market, so buying a rug can feel overwhelming. To make choosing a rug easier, factor in your budget, style, material, and rug placement. Before choosing one, it is essential to familiarise yourself with the different rug materials and rug types. Here are the different types of rugs:
- Natural fibre rugs: These rugs will bring a neutral texture and organic look into your space whether you are using them as an outdoor or room rug. They are an excellent choice if you are going for a casual look.
- Jute rug: Jute rugs will add a coastal feel to your space and are a great choice if you want your room to have texture. They are excellent for layering with decorative smaller rugs. When layering, put the small rug on top of a jute rug.
- Cotton rugs: While cotton rugs are inexpensive and an excellent alternative to silk or wool rugs, they are not stain resistant. These rugs are best for use in a casual place.
- Silk rugs: Silk rugs create a luxurious shine that other types of rugs cannot match. They are usually soft and quite delicate, making them better suited for low traffic areas.
- Wool rugs: True wool rugs have excellent quality and are equally expensive but very durable, and you could pass them from one generation to the next. Wool rugs are ideal for high traffic areas.
How To Choose The Right Rug For Your Home
When buying a rug, always choose a high-quality rug. You should consider different things to ensure you choose the right rug for your home. Here are tips for selecting the right rug:
- The room: There are different rug designs for different areas in your home. When choosing a rug, factor in things like the traffic in that room. Kitchen and hallways often have more traffic, so ensure you pick an easy to clean and durable rug for these areas.
- Size: It is essential to know your room size before buying a rug to ensure you get the right size.
- Style, colour, and pattern: Always consider the function of your rug. Do you want your rug to compliment your room or make a statement? Patterned rugs can add personality to your room, while colourful rugs will add a pop of colour. Your style will also determine the type of rug you choose.
- Fibre: There are multiple rug materials available, and each is appropriate for a different area in your home. When selecting a rug material, always factor in its ease of cleaning, especially if you have pets or children.
Multiple factors can influence the type of rug you buy, from how easy a rug is to clean to whether or not you have kids and pets. It is also essential to consider other design elements in your home and the colour scheme before buying a rug. Once you familiarise yourself with the different rug materials, sizes, and styles, choosing a room rug is easier. Ensure you take your time and shop around to buy the appropriate durable rug.
Check Out The Most Beautiful Designer Rugs
Sometimes, all a room is missing is the perfect rug to bring everything together. At Dena Lawrence Rugs, we have the most beautiful designer rugs to complement different types of styles. Whether you are shopping for a rug for your bedroom or living room, we guarantee you that we have the right rug for you. Check out our website for the wide rug selection we have available. Please click on the link below to view our range!